Recently when I visited a relative's house in Kumta, and when I saw mango papds being sun dried, my memories went back to childhood.
Amma used to prepare mango papad, what we call Hanchettu in Malenadu. For couple of consecutive days in the kadu (small sweet and sour vereity) mango season, Amma used to get them, take out pulp, add spices and put it on a mora and dry it. Next day put another thin layer and dry it. This used to continue for 6 to 7 days and continue drying for another few days. That way layered papad gets prepared.
I couldn't resist my temptation to make papad. I prepared using normal mangoes itself and made only one layer since it was not that sunny season.
Ingredients
Ripe Mangoes - 6 (preferably sugar baby / kadu mavina hannu which are sweet and sour)
Green chillies - 2 to 3
Salt to taste
Method
Wash and remove skin of mangoes. Squeeze them to take out pulp.
Grind green chillies and add to mango pulp. Add salt and mix well.
Transfer the same to plastic sheet or steel plates and sun dry them for 3 to 4 days. Turn upside down and dry for another 3 days.
For those who love sour, spicy and sweet taste, it's a good snack to eat.











Comments
Post a Comment